Saturday 16 March 2013

Snobstoppers!


I love storytelling, in all its forms, but some people are quick to dismiss entire swathes of incredible writing and performing based solely on their genre, setting or medium. I am writing a series of articles just for you. I will make a case for a number of much maligned or often dismissed storytelling settings and methods, explain how they can defy the expectations and assumptions you have and point to shining examples.

There is no excuse for being a snob. If something isn’t to your taste then that’s fine but please stop and look at it before ruling it out completely.

You are in good company: I am a snob too. My bugbear is literature that wins awards: I assume it to be boring, pedestrian and unimaginative. As I post these articles you will spot me being snooty. So I lay down the gauntlet: just as I intend to change your view, change mine. There’s a comments section – use it!

We’ve all been missing out on great stories. Not anymore!


Read the first of the Snobstoppers - Anime - now!


No comments:

Post a Comment